If you’d like to help us achieve our vision of a cleaner, healthier, more active Exeter we are recruiting for a Bicycle Mechanic!
Bicycle Mechanic – Ride On Cycling, Exeter Quay
30 hours per week at £8.72 per hour, this is a permanent position*
28 days annual leave pro-rata, including bank holidays (22.4 days)
Ride On is a charity aiming to be the ‘go to’ cycling hub in Exeter. We need an enthusiastic mechanic to get stuck into turning our donated bicycles into smooth running machines, whilst helping our volunteers and customers. The hours for this post have been increased in response to the strong sales of our recycled bicycles, so we hope you’ll love our bicycles as much as our customers do. The working days will be discussed at the interview and will require some weekend and evening work. The ideal candidate will be positive, practically minded and have excellent customer service skills.
*At Ride On, we try to treat our team members like we want to be treated ourselves. So, we will work with you to make sure you are enjoying your role as much as we enjoy having you on board. To make sure this is true, all of our jobs start with a six month settling in period. If everything is going well, you’ll become a permanent member of our team.
Purpose of Job: To assist in the running of the workshop at the Ride On cycling hub, including refurbishing donated bicycles, stripping donated bicycles for parts, supporting our volunteers, keeping the workshop orderly and helping customers.
- Ensuring the workshop remains a welcoming environment by following Ride On policies and processes for health & safety.
- Receiving bicycle donations from customers, logging them and registering gift aid.
- Stripping donated bicycles for reusable parts or recycling.
- Refurbishing donated bicycles for sale to the general public.
- Advising customers and selling bicycles.
- Helping our volunteers with technical questions.
- Bicycle mechanics experience
- Customer service skills
- Basic IT knowledge, such as email and simple spreadsheet use
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and proactively within a small team
- Excellent team-work skills and a desire to work constructively with others
- A passion for cycling and active travel
- Real commitment to equal opportunities and access for all
- Cytech L2 qualification
- Working in a small not for profit organisation/company
- Working with volunteers
- Bicycle mechanics: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
If you have any questions about this role please email Sam White, Workshop Manager, on [email protected]
Applications by CV only to [email protected] by Friday the 21st of August 2020. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 25th of August 2020. The successful candidate will be able to start as soon as possible.
You will have the option of joining the NEST workplace pension scheme, with employer and employee contributions at the statutory level.