Child and Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Policy
Every child, young person and vulnerable adult who participates in the activities of Ride On should be able to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment and be protected from harm. This is the responsibility of everyone involved in this organization. We recognize however, that abuse of any kind is a very emotive and difficult subject. It is important to understand the feelings involved but not to allow them to interfere with our judgments about any action to be taken.
Ride On recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children, young people, and vulnerable adults by protecting them from physical, sexual or emotional abuse, neglect and bullying. It is determined to meet its obligation to ensure that Ride On provides opportunities for children, young people, and vulnerable adults to do so, with the highest possible standard of care.
Statement of Intent
Ride On will ensure that:
- The welfare of the client is paramount.
- All children and vulnerable adults, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity, have the right to protection from abuse.
- The rights, wishes, and feelings of children, young people, and vulnerable adults are respected and promoted.
- All volunteers and staff will be trained and supervised to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children, young people, and vulnerable adults from abuse.
- All staff and volunteers adopt and abide by the appropriate codes of conduct and the policies and procedures outlined within this document.
- Any strong emotions and feelings are not allowed to interfere with ensuring that appropriate action is taken.
- This policy is regularly reviewed.
The trustee responsible for safeguarding is: Nic Eversett
The designated Safeguarding Officers are: Will Page and Sam White
Last updated: April 2021
Next updated April 2022