If you’d like to help us achieve our vision of a cleaner, healthier, more active Exeter we are recruiting for a Bicycle Mechanic!
Bicycle Mechanic – Ride On Cycling, Exeter Quay
12 month temporary contract, 22.5 hours per week at £8.21 per hour
28 days annual leave pro-rata, including bank holidays (pro-rata 16.8 days)
Ride On is a social enterprise aiming to be the ‘go to’ cycling hub in Exeter. We need an enthusiastic mechanic to get stuck into turning our donated bicycles into smooth running machines, whilst helping our volunteers and customers. This role has been created in response to the strong sales of our recycled bicycles, so we hope you’ll love our bicycles as much as our customers do. The working days will be discussed at interview and may require some weekend and evening work. The ideal candidate will be positive, practically minded and have excellent customer service skills.
Purpose of Job: To assist in the running of the workshop at the Ride On cycling hub, including refurbishing donated bicycles, stripping donated bicycles for parts, supporting our volunteers, keeping the workshop orderly and helping customers.
- Ensuring the workshop remains a welcoming environment by following Ride On policies and processes for health & safety.
- Receiving bicycle donations from customers, logging them and registering gift aid.
- Stripping donated bicycles for reusable parts or recycling.
- Refurbishing donated bicycles for sale to the general public.
- Advising customers and selling bicycles.
- Helping our volunteers with technical questions.
- Bicycle mechanics experience
- Customer service skills
- Basic IT knowledge, such as email and simple spreadsheet use
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and proactively within a small team
- Excellent team-work skills and a desire to work constructively with others
- A passion for cycling and active travel
- Real commitment to equal opportunities and access for all
- Cytech L2 qualification
- Working in a small not for profit organisation/company
- Working with volunteers
- Bicycle mechanics: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
If you have any questions about this role please call Sam White, Workshop Manager, on 07544 314749. Please note we are closed between the 22nd of December 2019 and reopen on January the 7th 2020.
Applications by CV only to [email protected] by Saturday the 11th of January 2020. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21st of January 2020. The successful candidate will be able to start as soon as possible.
As this is a temporary contract, Ride On will confirm if it will be extended by October 2020 at the latest.
You will have the option of joining the NEST workplace pension scheme, with employer and employee contributions at the statutory level.