- This event has passed.
Cycle Touring 101
August 4 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm£25
Always fancied packing your panniers and hitting the road? Us too!
This course should give you all you need to know to do your first tour. We will:
- Share tips for planning your ride
- Advise on equipment
- Offer a practical session on touring specific bike maintenance – so bring your bike!
There will be plenty of time for your own questions with a relaxed atmosphere.
We will cover :
- Planning a trip.
- Bike luggage – panniers vs bike packing
- Touring life – tips for life on the road
- Cycle Touring maintenance – before and during a tour
- Suggested tool kit/spares list (and how to use it!)
The course is delivered by Sam White and Kirsten Berggren, who have both completed a number of tours around Europe.
This is not intended to get you ready to ride around the world, but to help prepare someone who wants to try cycle touring for the first time.